Frequently Asked Questions

How do I become certified to offer continuing education in Oregon?
There is no certification process for continuing education instructors in Oregon. For further information, please contact the Oregon Board of Massage Therapy (OBMT) at (503) 365-8657.

Is OMTA the Oregon chapter of AMTA?
No.  The Oregon Massage Therapists Association (OMTA) is a separate organization from AMTA and the Oregon chapter of AMTA (known as AMTA-OR).  OMTA was formed as a separate entity in 1985 (see our History for more details) and is still an independent, grassroots organization not affiliated with or responsible to a national organization.

I'm licensed to practice massage in another state.  Is it like a driver's license where I can automatically practice in Oregon too?
No, massage therapy licensing does not automatically transfer from state to state.  For specific details on how to become licensed in Oregon, please contact the Oregon Board of Massage Therapy (OBMT) at (503) 365-8657.

OMTA is a 501(c)(6) Non-Profit Corporation. According to the IRS, contributions are not deductible as charitable contributions on the donor's federal income tax return. They may be deductible as trade or business expenses if ordinary and necessary in the conduct of the taxpayer's business. Contact your tax consultant if this affects you.  © 2018 Oregon Massage Therapists Association. This web site is maintained by OMTA's Past Presidents Council.

Powered by Wild Apricot. Try our all-in-one platform for easy membership management